Sunday, August 31, 2014

Who Knew?

Yesterday morning I was:

Sitting at a stranger's kitchen table listening to my beginner violinist.
Tolerating a little white dog with cataracts jumping on me and barking (maybe because I just had sex).
Watching two flies play tag on and around me.
Wearing no make-up and my "work in the garden" flip flops.
Envisioning with horror my mussed up hair.
Remembering I forgot to brush my teeth.

And...
I can't remember when I have ever been happier or more content.

I guess I am just lucky.  That's how my life has been lately.
My joys completely outweigh my sorrows.
I find things that used to embarrass me endearing instead.
I am at ease and happy in my own skin
and more in love than I have ever been before.

Wow, my life is The Shit!*















"Is the shit" is a phrase that is grammatically incorrect. The phrase implies that something, or someone "is the shit", not suggesting the negative meaning of the word "Shit". The word "shit" is in fact transformed in to a very strong, positive word, when put in this sentence; it can describe almost everything.  Almost every single gosh darned thing and that'w what I am going to post in this blog.  

No comments:

Post a Comment